Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sleeping like a ...Tiger

For the last few months Andrew has refused to sleep in his bed. Every night he lays blankets on the floor and makes himself a bed. I have been trying to think of someway to make him sleep in his bed (I was going to make him tiger striped sheets or something for Christmas but ran out of time). Then for Christmas his Grandma Nani gave him this tiger rug. You may have seen them at Costco, it is bigger than he is and has a stuffed tiger head on it. Well that next night he laid that on the floor, used the head like a pillow and snuggled in. I have managed to move the tiger onto his bed so he now sleeps in his bed- yea! Except his diaper leaked last night and the tiger has no washing instructions....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

He is so cute! I love his tiger obsession. I have a video to post soon of a tiger we saw at the zoo...and I'm mostly posting it for your kid's sake!

Laura Bernard said...

So I don't get it . . . What's the problem with sleeping on the floor? My kids do it all the time . . .

As for the peed on tiger. . . remember the big sheep skin furry rug dad got me from New Zealand? My kids were into sleeping on that for a while. Then someone threw up on it. Yea, no washing instructions on that. I tried my best, but that didn't clean up so well. Better luck with the tiger rug.