Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another Summer Come and Gone

It has been a while because I have been enjoying summer. I'm not even going to try to catch up but here is a list of some important firsts from the past three months. Sadly, most of them have no picture. I enjoy the moments and usually let someone else take the pictures. Which works great when there is someone else around...


Mack learned to ride a bike. One day he wasn't close--the next day he was riding. He taught himself how to get started and ride over the curb. Nothing stops that kid once he's decided to do something. He also learned to swim (cousin pressure)!


Kate learned to float on her back. A skill she rarely uses because she usually just walks around the pool looking cute. A baby sitter painted Kate's nails pink, and they have been pink ever since. She loves it and shows everyone her "pink".


After a summer playing Rock Band with Uncle Spencer and the cousins my kids can sing every word to "Eye of the Tiger" and "Livin' on a Prayer". Andrew does sing "we're naked I swear" instead of "we'll make it I swear", but close enough right?


Natali learned the breast stroke, loved the big rides at Roaring Springs, and misses all of the cousin sleepovers.


I loved spending time with our families. Watching the kids play with their cousins. Swimming everyday and playing hard. I'm sad it's over but it will probably be good for all of us to back on schedule. Good bye summer.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm missing summer too. I enjoyed sleeping in. Oh well. :) I think the kids and I all had a great summer break from school. Wish I could have caught you while I was in Oregon. Maybe next time. :)