Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Easter weekend was pretty mellow this year. We stayed home and enjoyed watching conference. The kids loved dyeing eggs and we even experimented with brown eggs that came from Grandpa's chickens.I put candy in plastic eggs then the kids hid them from each other. It took about 10 minutes but the candy kept them occupied for the next hour.
I have always done the egg stuff on Saturday and focused Sunday on Christ. Saturday we have a few small traditions we carry out but I have always struggled to find something fun to do with the kids on Sunday that carries the Easter message and that I would want to repeat year after year. This Sunday morning I got out of bed before anyone else (this baby was keeping me up anyway) and made donuts for breakfast. While getting them together I had an idea. We have a big picture of Christ hanging in our home. I took it off the wall and hid it in the van. I then put a note on the wall with the scripture reference Matt. 28:6 "He is not here: for he is risen" we talked about how scared and sad the disciples must have been to find Jesus missing. Then I kind of made a scripture scavenger hunt. The kids loved the challenge of finding the scriptures, reading them, and figuring out where the next clue was hidden. It also gave me their undivided attention to bare my testimony of our Savior. Maybe I have found my Sunday tradition.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great idea, Dame. Will you send your scripture clues so I don't have to repeat the work for next year?