Thursday, May 6, 2010

Introducing Baby Emily

She is finally here. Emily Jane arrived at 9:45pm Friday, April 23rd. That puts all three of our girls birthdays in April! She weighed in at 7 lbs. 3 oz. making her my second largest baby. But she has the most hair of all my babies and in the right light that hair is very red. I realized that all my kids have been born with different hair colors - so we'll see what this shade of red turns into. The kids all dote on her. She is swarmed with kisses all day long - especially from Andrew. They are fascinated by her cord and her tiny diapers. When we first got home from the hospital Mack asked me how long it would be till she opened her eyes. He was surprised to find that, unlike many mammals, human babies open their eyes right away.

She is proving to be a poor sleeper, but other than that she is wonderful! I am optimistic that the sleeping will get better soon. We are still adjusting to the reality of 5 kids, but we love having this little baby in our home.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

She is soo cute!! And you gave her my middle name, I didn't know you cared so much. Haha just kidding.

Harmans said...

She is beautiful! I can't imagine having 5, you are amazing! Good luck with the sleeping, that proves to always be the biggest challenge for me!

Laura Bernard said...

Adorable pics! She's beautiful! All the kids look darly holding her! And I love Mack's comment. So naively intelligent.

Sharee said...

give her kisses for me!

Melanie said...

She looks great! Can't wait to see her next month