Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baptism and Blessing

Well the first weekend of June was a big one for the Easton's. On Saturday, the 5th, Natali was baptized into of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is hard for me to believe that my Natali is already 8. We are so proud of her for making this choice to follow the example of her Savior.
Then on Sunday she was confirmed and Emily was blessed. That morning I went to put on Emily's blessing dress - I was expecting it to be a little small but was shocked to find that I couldn't do up any of the buttons. My mom bought the dress when Natali was born and it fit my tiny Natali perfectly. When Kate was blessed in it I could only do one of the buttons. But Emily wasn't that lucky, so I got some ribbon and kind of laced the back of the dress together. Only the mother of 5 kids would forget to make sure the dress fit - right?

Grandma Nani and Papa Randy visiting made the weekend extra special. The kids loved the one on one time. They hadn't seen them for quite a while so it was wonderful. We also had my sister Sharee and her three youngest kids, the Wilfords, Grandma and Grandpa Dame, and the Mark Dame family. We loved being surrounded by family as we witnessed these special moments for our family.



2 comments:

Sharee said...

Love these cute girls of yours. Thanks for the great pictures for me to remenber the day. We all miss you. Paul and Claire loved your birthday message.

Diane said...

Isn't that fun? We did the same thing! Brandon was baptized and confirmed and the next day Kathryn was blessed. Her dress was a bit short as it had been bought 3 months earlier. Oh well. :) Your family is beautiful! Miss you!