Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Traditions

For our Halloween dinner this year Natali begged to invite friends.  I wanted to say no - where would we put them for starters, the garage?  But, in the end I gave in.  Natali decorated the house and did so much to get everything ready including making invitations.  The four oldest kids invited friends, except Mack ended up with two…Greg led the games in the backyard while I finished preparations.  The kids had to keep the "head' on the platter while racing the other teams.  It was pretty funny.  



 Sea Scum Soda (You can't see the gummy worm ice cubes)
 Monsters and Crackers
Slimy Worms
 Deviled Eyes
Rats Baked in Blood                                      
This was everyone's favorite - Dracula's Dentures - one little boy actually put the whole thing in his mouth like dentures.  If only we could of snagged a picture before he started gagging.

Overall the party was a huge success.  Greg was a hilarious waiter, throwing my kids into the "dungeon" when they were out of hand (which all the kids thought was so funny).  Everyone had a blast.  One mom texted the next day that her boys said it was the best party they had ever been to.  I think that had a lot to do with so many kids in one room with silly adult - but I was glad they liked it.  Will we invite friends again next year?  We'll see...
 Annual trip to the pumpkin patch - we were lucky to have Grandma Nani there with us.







Mack wanted to be a BYU football player but didn't want to pay the big bucks for the costume.   So he improvised using his uncle's jersey.  The best part is that he took a hand me down Denver Broncos helmet and used duck tape to create this master piece.  He was pretty pleased with what he created.




Andrew was just loving the face paint and cornstarch in his hair.


 Natali wanted so badly to come up with a "memorable" costume for her last year of trick or treating.  However nothing she or I came up with met that lofty goal.  So she borrowed grandma's poodle skirt and white sneakers, put on a bunch of make-up and life was pretty good.

My little sweetie made my day by choosing to be the caterpillar.  This is one of my favorite costumes that I have made and it makes me happy every time on of the kids uses it.  The face paint was definitely her favorite part.


Lily and Kate helped complete the little bug family we had going on.  Lily only lasted as a bee for about 10 minutes, but at least we took some pictures.




No comments: