Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kate is 7

video


Kate turned 7 this year and had her first "friend" party.  Typical of me - I only have two pictures and one video - sorry Kate.  She had a rainbow theme and used crepe paper all over the house to look like rainbows.  They had a rainbow fruit tray, rainbow cupcakes, and a rainbow musical chairs game which awarded skittles when you were out.  They had a great time playing rainbow tag with face paints and just being together.  

She invited two boys to her party.  My first child to ever cross genders on b-day invites.  Ironically, they got her the same girl Lego.  Too funny.  She had a great time with all her friends.  Somehow I can't even find a video of her blowing out candles at her family party (I think that little Lily may have done some deleting).  We gave her the big Lego house she had been wanting.

My Kate has changed so much this year.  She started the school year somewhat nervous but now she has tons of friends, is learning to read, and isn't afraid to stand up for herself.  She loves singing and just playing with friends and sisters.  She is also more willing to try new things.

One new thing she picked up this year happens on Sunday.  After church and lunch I like to take a nap.  Kate now walks me to my bed pulls up the covers, tucks me in, and sings me a song.  I love it.  I miss it when she forgets.  

No comments: