Saturday, January 30, 2016

To Disneyland We Go

Emily has been begging to go to Disneyland but that is not high on our family destination list.  All the older kids have been and she wanted her turn so for Christmas we gave her a trip to Disneyland.  She and I flew down to San Diego the end of January where Greg's sister hosted us.  Emily and her cousin spent an entire day at Disneyland.  We got there at 9am and left the parking lot at 10:30pm.  We had such a blast.
 The pictures aren't great but they will help her remember...
 I'm loving the Dole Whip and she preferred her Milk Duds (they were our waiting in line distraction and worked like a charm)
 One of our favorite parts was stumbling onto this Frozen show just as it was starting.  It made us both laugh.

 Our longest line of the day was to see Minnie's House.  The girls didn't even want to see Minnie - just the house, but we stood in line for 40 minutes.  But it was worth it to them because they loved Minnie's place.

 Her cousin was not so sure about this ride so we skipped it but Emmy still wanted to pose on the car.
 Half way through the day the girls got brave enough to ride next to each other instead of by their mamas- so fun.
 Waiting for the night parade...
 I had never stayed for the night parade before - so amazing.  We both loved it.

 They were asleep before we left the parking lot.  A long fun day.  Her favorite rides were Tea Cups, Star Tours, Pirates of the Caribbean,  Buzz Lightyear and Nemo's Submarine - in that order.  She strongly disliked Thunder Mountain Railroad but loved everything else we tried.  

The next morning the girls just played for awhile before heading to the annual celebration of the Mormon Battalion reaching San Diego.  They had several different booths set up where the kids could do pioneer things.  Her cousin lent her a pioneer dress and they had such a blast doing things like...
 Making rag dolls,
 Writing with ink and quill,
 Cooking biscuits over coals (she did this twice- they were quite yummy),
 Washing socks,
and going for a wagon ride with some other cousins that met us there.  

From there we headed to the airport, endured a two hour delay and arrive home at 12:30pm.  We were both exhausted but it was such a wonderful trip.  I loved being able to spend time with my sister-in-law's and just hang out with my Emmy.  She is such a cheerful girl, I love making her smile- and she smiled a lot on this trip!

No comments: