Tuesday, October 18, 2022

U of I Here We Come

Well my dad called me one October morning and asked if I wanted to fly to Moscow the next day to see Mack.  I said yes, and asked if my little buddy could come with me.  She had never been in Grandpa's airplane and was overdue for a turn.  

The next morning I let Lily sleep in while I went walking then we got ready and headed to Ontario.  An uneventful drive and flight later and we were in Pullman WA where we borrowed the old loaner car and went searching for Mack.
We saw his dorm room, dropped off our box of goodies, and headed out for burgers.  Our chatting grew dull for Lily but Grandpa and I were savoring our time hearing all about Mack.  He even sent us this pic of him getting ready for a football game.  Ha!  I enjoyed hearing all about the practical jokes that my dad pulled in college.  I loved every minute.
When Mack had about an hour before class we drove him back to school and he gave us a campus tour. I really love the campus - it is beautiful and well designed.  The old and new buildings are made of brick to create a more unified look.  I appreaciate the effort to build in a similar style.
It was short and sweet but our hours together were lovley, especially all the good hugs.  

No comments: