Wednesday, June 24, 2026

See ya later missionaries...

We got to go with Luke to the temple when he received his endowment the first Saturday in June then out to Tucanos. Love that kid!
Kate got set apart on June 16th after a full day at Roaring Springs, getting home just in time to shower and eat dinner before President Miller arrived to set her apart.
The next morning she started home MTC so we embraced the few minutes with her now and then when she was on break.
On her last night home we went and did baptisms together and she took some pics in front of the temple.
I'm going to miss having my rainbow haired girls all together.  I always get comments about their very different hair colors.
After the temple Kate's hair had dried weird so she asked me to straighten it.  With it being so much shorter it didn't take too long, but it was weird to see her with straight hair.

Wednesday morning we were up by 4am and leaving the house by 4:15am for Kate's 6:00am flight.  Lily, Emily, and I had a 6:30 am flight to Missouri so we got to go through security with her.

But first we had to say good bye to Greg.
We sat and waited with Kate for a while, she was hoping to see Grandma Dame and the Wilford's (they were on the same flight to Missouri with the girls and I) but eventually they called her boarding group and they still hadn't made it to security so she said goodbye and hopped onto the plane.  She didn't even cry, she was ready to get on with it all.  I think we all shed more tears later.  Going to miss that girl, with her kind heart and sense of humor.  Love you Katers!

No comments: